Sunday, March 28, 2010

Peasant Blouse

Finally I've completed a dress for my soon-to-be-arrived-baby-girl. Thank you so much to Maya for the wonderful tutorial and the effort to make the tut for the world to learn. The tut is so easy to follow and you do not need a pattern for it. Her explanation on cutting the fabric is very well presented. :) This tutorial is for 6-12 months old baby so I guess it's going to be in the closet for quite some time before the owner could wear it. :) Btw, the pants tutorial is not included. I actually just applied the same method for the ruffle on the short tutorial. I thought I'd be great for baby girls pants to have ruffles on it. ;)

I bought the fabric from Kamdar and it was on sale. It cost me less than RM5 per meter and for this dress, it only requires half a meter. The fabric isn't as cute as the designer' fabric but it's good enough for a rookie like me. So I won't feel miserable ruining the expensive designer fabric if I screw up.. ;p I think I could make another dress from Maya's tutorial - The dahlia dress - out of the left overs fabric. Yay! :) How I wish I have stashes of fabric to work on.. Oh well.. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com